Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

I haven't written here in a long time so I thought I'd start with something simple to ease me into writing on my blog again.

From a Simple Woman's Daybook:

FOR TODAY
December 16, 2009...

Outside my window...
it's a cold day (currently 27F) with flurries

I am thinking...
about making plans for Christmas and New Year's. Also, my birthday is Friday. This time of year I'm reflective about life and where it's going

I am thankful for...
for my partner and my cats.

From the kitchen...
haven't been doing much in the kitchen lately. We've been mostly eating out. I'll have to change that soon.

I am wearing...
black pants and a print shirt (blue, black, green, etc)

I am creating...
always have several projects in process. Current main ones are the Gypsy Shawl and a bead crochet necklace.

I am going...
to get my flute out this weekend and play some carols.

I am reading...
On my Kindle "Casting Off" by Nicole R. Dickson - it takes place on one of the Aran islands and incorporates knitting and spinning in the story

I am hoping...
to write more often in this blog. Just ordered a book of journal prompts from Amazon.

I am hearing...
listening to Christmas music, of course (I start just before Thanksgiving)

Around the house...
not doing much in the way of Christmas decorations this year. Have four mini trees in the living room.

One of my favorite things...
this time of year, I like to snuggle under a blanket with my knitting and the cats and watch Christmas movies

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a party Friday night with partner's business associates. Parting Glass on Saturday to see Jeff Strange.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
my rabbit Eggbert (passed on 9/13/2001). Picture taken in December 1996:

No comments: