Thursday, September 20, 2007

Irish 2000

This last weekend was very busy for us. On Friday night, we bottled the brown ale. I'm working on the label and will post it when it's finished.

On Saturday, we went to Irish 2000. The music was great! We saw my two favorite bands: Gaelic Storm and Hair of the Dog. Both bands had new cds so, of course, I purchased them. Hair of the Dog's is called Donegal and I think it is the best they've done so far. They said it was two years in the making and it is very apparant when you listen to the cd. The harmonies and sound are spot on.

We also heard Kevin McKrell's new band: Hard Road CĂ©ilidh Band. They were excellent! All of the members are from other bands and they are all very good musicians. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Another band we really enjoyed was Teada (pronounced Tayda), a traditional group from Ireland. They were all very good but we were especially impressed by the bodhran player. He got more sounds out of that drum than I've ever heard before.

We were at the festival for about 12 hours. We don't normally stay so long at these things. I have an onion allergy so we usually have to leave early because I'm not feeling well. This time I brought my own food and it made all the difference in the world! I was still dancing at the last song!

I have more to stuff to blog about but will do another post in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see how everything is going :) I'd love to see your label pic.

Secret Pal