Sunday, September 09, 2007

Wool Wanderings Update and more


I updated Wool Wanderings today. I removed some broken links and updated others that had moved to a different site.

I'm on row 88 of the Rose Trellis shawl. The picture shows a closeup of one of the diamonds.

A few weeks ago, I was poking around the net, looking for knitting sites, as I often do, when I came across a page that mentioned Sacred Harp and shape notes singing. I became intrigued and did a little research. I found a local group that meets regularly. I went last night and had a great time. They are a very welcoming group. I'm not very good at it yet but I think it will get easier as the tunes become more familar. The next meeting is the first Saturday in October.

We went to Bennington, VT tonight for supper at the Madison Brewing Company. They've got great food and the beer is very good. It's only about 30 miles away from here but far enough away that we don't get there very often. It's fun to do something a little different now and then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't resist saying "hello" after reading your post mentioning shape note singing! I LOVE the shape notes, too, and sing with a group in Lansing, MI and also Kalamazoo. Talk about "surround sound"! Enjoy!