Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Look what I started


Look what I started
Originally uploaded by kimknits126
Oregon shawl
pattern by Joan Schrouder


During November 2004, I started knitting the Oregon shawl. I worked on it on and off for the next couple of years. While I was working on the outer edge, one of my cats snagged a thread from the middle and pulled it really hard. It created a hole and I didn't know how to fix it. I have since thrown it away.

When I went to Webs a couple of weeks ago, I bought yarn to do the shawl again. I started it this past weekend. I really like the yarn and am enjoying the pattern.

The funny thing is, while working on the first few rows, Molly decided to start playing with my row counter and caused some dropped stitches. I was able to recover them.

If I could just keep the cats away from this shawl, I think I'll do all right. lol

No comments: