Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

As posted on Facebook:
1. I have 2 cats. I would have more but have found that 2 is enough for me to handle. I had 4 for a while and was constantly cleaning.

2. I hate housework. I always feel like there are so many things that I would rather do.

3. Last year I got rid of about a quarter of my stuff. I plan on getting rid of more this year. Less clutter means the housework is easier.

4. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

5. I went to Ireland in 2004. Loved it. Hope to go back there soon.

6. I started playing Runescape last year (an online multiplayer game). It's less gory than the other online games. It sucks up a lot of time but it feels like an escape.

7. Can't wait to retire. I hope to retire when I'm 56. I like my job but would like more control over my time.

8. When I retire, I plan doing some volunteer work and spend lots of time on my hobbies.

9. I have a lot of hobbies - knitting and jewelry making are the main ones.

10. I also like to do stained glass but haven't done that in a while.

11. I read at least one book a week (mostly fiction).

12. I played flute in college. Would like to pick that up again.

13. I'm a computer programmer for New York State.

14. I've worked for New York State for 25 years.

15. I'm allergic to onions.

16. I don't watch much TV. For the few shows that I do watch, I tivo them so that I don't have to watch the commercials.

17. I like watching movies but won't watch any with violence in them.

18. My favorite color is purple.

19. The farthest west I've been is Denver, Co. I went there in 2007 for a Lace Knitting Conference.

20. I love the fall. Always have more energy that time of year.

21. I don't like the summer because of the heat.

22. Up until last year, I used to drink about 2 cans of Pepsi a day. I now have 1 or 2 per week. I drink mostly water now.

23. I love watching wildlife (birds, squirrels, etc) and will often go to the park to bird watch during my lunch hour when the weather is nice.

24. I've lived in the Albany area since I graduated from college.

25. I love music. I listen to mostly celtic, country and rock. I have over 70gb of music on my mp3 player.

No comments: