Monday, August 13, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you
absolutely *not* like?

Merino is my fave. Cotton is my least fave. Rarely use bulky or novelty. I like soft and not scratchy. I don't mind acrylic if it is nice.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use mainly circulars - I have each size in a separate ziplock bag which are all kept in a tote bag

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider
your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned when I was 9 at 4-H. We knitted a scarf, which took me a long time to knit 'cause I thought it was boring. After I graduated from college, I took up knitting and haven't stopped since! I can knit advanced patterns but there is always more to learn!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Click here for my wish list:
My Amazon.com Wish List

5. What's your favorite scent? vanilla, lavender, apple

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, I have a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate is my favorite. I love fruit so anything with fruit is great. I don't like black licquorice. I'm allergic to onions and garlic.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you
spin?

Currently, I also bead crochet, make some jewelry, and cross stitch. In the past I have tatted, sewed, and some quilting. I love to do stained glass but don't have the space for it at this time. I have a spinning wheel but haven't used it in several years.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if
your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My fave is country, celtic and folk. I don't care for rap and heavy metal. I have a mp3 player and my computer will play mp3 discs. I have a wide range of favorite groups and am always on the look out for new stuff.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Really dislike brown. Like pinks, purples, blues, greens, greys.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my partner/boyfriend and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes - I live in an area where we get lots of occasions to wear that stuff here during the winter.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lace - mostly shawls. I don't do many sweaters but if I do, they are usually textured (knit, purl, cable, etc). I don't do colored knitting like fair isle. I'm not crazy about socks but will knit them upon request.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm working on Rose Trellis shawl. In the ufo pile, are three shawls and 2 pairs of socks (later are for partner - at his request).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular. Don't like wooden needles (gives me the "nails on a chalkboard feeling"). Like addis.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes - both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 years. I tend to alternate among projects until they're finished. When I lose interest in one, I pick up a ufo or start another project. Eventually the projects get finished. If a project gets to a point where I dislike it, I will rip it out and resuse the yarn for something else.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? besides yarn, beads and books, anything with sheep or cats on it.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

There's always something. Depends on what catches my eye.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm always up for learning something new. Nothing specific at this time.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Don't care much for knitting socks. I wear woman's shoe size 10.

23. When is your birthday? December 18

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
As of 8/8, I'm on the waiting list - 13,796 people are ahead of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm your SP spoiler this time around :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you though your blog!

Kimknits said...

Hi! Glad to meet you!